O-Ring, the cutting edge is a “O” shape, which is the most common, classic, economical and useful sealing type in both dynamic and static application.
To understand a basic idea of O-Ring, it is essential you should know:
- The O-Ring dimension formula is very simple, OD = ID + 2*CS
- The popular O-Ring standards are formulated by its location and country
- The O-Ring tolerance has its limitation, when the size is out of tolerance; it means failure will cause leakage.
- O-Rings are made of elastomers which are with resilience or memory sufficient to return to its original shape after a major or minor distortion.
- Smallest 0.5mm (ID) × 0.5mm (CS)
- Largest 1400mm (ID) × 50mm (CS)
- Material used are NBR, FKM and EPDM.